It’s been a fun year in the land of bad beats, and since starting the site earlier this year, BTB has been chronicling all of them.
From the Mariners’ epic choke-job against the Nationals to the Pac-12 office changing the final score of the Utah-USC game to Wisconsin’s half-court heave at the buzzer against North Carolina, there have been some truly memorable bad beats.
Here are BTB’s top 20 bad beats of the year:
* * *
1. Refs blow PAT call in wild Syracuse-Toledo game.
2. Pac-12 office changes final score in Utah-USC hours after game.
3. Pirates lose to Braves in the 19th after worst call ever.
4. Musburger adds insult to injury as USC bettors get screwed in triple OT.
5. Edsall’s Terps implode in ridiculous late-game collapse.
6. Shaw takes intentional safety on final play, Gamecocks bettors cry.
7. Meltdown for the ages costs Memphis bettors as UAB rallies late.
8. UNC’s missed free throw, Wisconsin’s half-court heave bury bettors.
9. Memorable final day in MLB a forgettable one for bettors.
10. Wild Alamo Bowl bad for books as Bears cover late.
11. An off-camera 3-pointer sinks Syracuse bettors.
12. While you weren’t watching, holding penalty costs Bears bettors.
13. With last-second catch, Ravens’ Smith ruins two bets at once.
14. Untimely turnovers, poor tackling doom Canes bettors.
15. Orlovsky-to-Tamme in final seconds lifts Colts to cover.
16. A frame-by-frame look at the Mariners’ choke job vs. Nationals.
17. Wyoming coach bets the over in New Mexico Bowl.
18. Awful Tebow exposes Chiefs as Broncos unveil rugby offense.
19. Saints toy with bettors’ hearts, then fall short in fourth.
20. Brutal finish: Cowboys-49ers a push for the ages.