Well, that didn’t take long.
The Houston Texans were heavy favorites in the AFC South before the season started, but now oddsmakers at the LVH SuperBook are ready to call the “race”—if you can still call it that—over.
The Texans are off to a 3-0 start while all three other teams are 1-2, and now they’re listed as -9000 favorites to win the AFC South over the Titans (+1000), Colts (+3000) and Jaguars (+3000).
For any gambling newbies, that means you’d have to wager $9,000 on the Texans to win the division just to profit $100 if they did.
So, oddsmakers think there’s a 98.9 percent chance that this division title has already been decided.
A few other notes:
- The Redskins improved to roughly 6-to-1 following a season-opening win at New Orleans, but that sure seems like a long time ago now, doesn’t it? After two consecutive losses, Washington is back at 12-to-1 in the NFC East, exactly where it started.
- Despite sitting at 1-2 and trailing both Chicago and Minnesota by one game, the Packers are still -185 to win the NFC North, indicating about a 65 percent chance.
- The Falcons actually opened the season as small underdogs to the Saints in the NFC South, but three games have changed that dramatically. As one of three remaining unbeatens, Atlanta leads the division by two full games over everyone else and is listed at 1-to-7 to win it.
- The most surprising division leader? That’d have to go to the undefeated Cardinals, who opened the year as 9-to-1 longshots in the NFC West. (You can still have them now at +350.)
- The Ravens and Bengals are tied atop the AFC North, but oddsmakers predictably take Baltimore (-160) much more seriously than Cincinnati (+450).
- We said before the season that after Week 3 would give you more value on the Chiefs in the AFC West. They started at about 3-to-1 and are now 5-to-1. The question, though: Do you still even want them?
* * *
The full list of updated NFL division odds, courtesy of the LVH SuperBook.