There are thousands of mock drafts out there, but no one is really willing to put their money where their collective mouths are.
No one except the handful of offshore oddsmakers who have offered dozens of 2012 NFL Draft props.
BetOnline, 5Dimes, Sportsbook and Bovada are the main offshore books that have various props related to, among other things, whether a certain player will get drafted ahead of another prospect, over/under draft spots for a handful of players, whether a particular player will go, for example, sixth overall, and many others.
By piecing those — and other books’ odds — together, we can get a rough idea of where the oddsmakers think everyone will be picked in the first round on Thursday night.
And remember, these are some of the only guys who have actual money — and, possibly, their jobs — on the line.
Disclaimer: I only went through the first half of the first round, because there just aren’t enough props related to the back half to come up with any sort of judgment.
1. Indianapolis Colts — Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins — Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings — Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns — Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams — Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars — Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
8. Miami Dolphins — Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers — Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St.
10. Buffalo Bills — Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
11. Kansas City Chiefs — Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
12. Seattle Seahawks — Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
13. Arizona Cardinals — Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
14. Dallas Cowboys — Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
15. Philadelphia Eagles — Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
16. New York Jets — Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse