Week 5 point spreads in the NFL are out, and we’ve provided the updated numbers below (along with openers in parentheses).
- Ten of the 14 lines have already moved, four of which were by at least a full point.
- The biggest shift? The Ravens opened as 6.5-point favorites at Kansas City, which has been blown out in three of four games this season, but that’s already been bet down to (currently) Baltimore -4.5.
- Peyton Manning’s Broncos are currently 7-point underdogs at the Patriots in one of the most anticipated games of the weekend. Manning went 2-8 (4-5-1 ATS) in 10 trips to New England—including playoffs—as a member of the Colts from 1998 to 2010.
- The Texans, the NFL’s only remaining perfect ATS team at 4-0, opened and have stayed as 7.5-point road favorites at the Jets on Monday Night Football. There have only been 14 home underdogs of more than a touchdown on Monday Night Football in the last 10 years (9-4-1 ATS).
- The Saints, still in search of their first win, will be favored for the fourth time in the first five weeks. They opened as 3-point home favorites over the Chargers but have been bet up to -3.5.
* * *
All NFL Week 5 point spreads courtesy of YouWager:
BYES: Dallas, Detroit, Oakland, Tampa Bay
Thursday, Oct. 4
Arizona Cardinals -1.5 (opened: -3)
at St. Louis Rams
Sunday, Oct. 7
Atlanta Falcons -3
at Washington Redskins
at Pittsburgh Steelers -3.5 (-3)
Green Bay Packers -7 (-6.5)
at Indianapolis Colts
at New York Giants -10 (-10.5)
at Minnesota Vikings -5.5 (-6.5)
at Cincinnati Bengals -4.5 (-5.5)
Baltimore Ravens -4.5 (-6.5)
at Kansas City Chiefs
at Carolina Panthers -3
at Jacksonville Jaguars OFF
at New England Patriots -7 (-6.5)
at San Francisco 49ers -9.5 (-10)
San Diego Chargers
at New Orleans Saints -3.5 (-3)
Monday, Oct. 8
Houston Texans -7.5
at New York Jets