It never hurts to plan ahead.
Every week, the LVH SuperBook in Las Vegas releases “look-ahead” point spreads before the current week’s games have been played.
Some notable Week 4 nuggets:
- The Eagles are a 3.5-point home favorite against the defending NFC East champion Giants. New York is 25-15 ATS in road games over the last five seasons, including last year’s 29-16 victory as 9-point underdogs at Philadelphia.
- San Francisco is a 3-point road favorite against the Jets. In the offseason, when Cantor Gaming released lines for 240 of the 256 NFL regular season games, the 49ers were listed as 1-point underdogs.
- The Texans are a double-digit favorite (-10) against the Titans. Houston is 5-2-1 ATS under Gary Kubiak as a favorite of more than a touchdown. (They covered as 13-point favorites in the opener against Miami.)
- The Seahawks are listed as 2.5-point road chalk against the Rams. On a neutral field, can we assume that oddsmakers think Seattle is roughly six points better?
- Home teams are favored in 10 of 16 games.
- Six games have point spreads of a field goal or less.
* * *
NFL Week 4 point spreads, courtesy of the LVH SuperBook.
Thursday, Sept. 27
at Ravens -12.5
Sunday, Sept. 30
at Lions -7.5
at Falcons -6.5
at Texans -10
at Cardinals -6
at Broncos -7
at Packers -7.5
at Bucs -2.5
at Eagles -3.5
Monday, Oct. 1
at Cowboys -3