What a predicament we could have on our hands.
Four teams fell from the ranks of the unbeaten last weekend, leaving us with six remaining undefeated schools in college football: One from each of the BCS conferences (except the ACC) plus a Notre Dame team that now looks like it could run the table after stomping Oklahoma as 10.5-point road underdogs.
What are the chances each of these teams remain perfect through the regular season? We provide our answer here.
* * *
A few items of note:
- Notre Dame was at only 6 percent last weekend but jumped all the way up to 33 percent thanks to a 30-13 blowout of Oklahoma on the road. The Irish’s only remaining hurdle comes in the last game of the season as 3.5-point underdogs at USC.
- Kansas State has the second-best futures odds but the worst chance (30%) of going through the regular season unscathed. Ah, the benefits of no conference championship game.
- If Alabama (71%) makes it through this weekend at LSU, their odds will shift to essentially 100 percent. (Not including the SEC Championship Game, of course.)
* * *
1. CC = Conference Championship
2. The percentage indicates the likelihood of that team being unbeaten AFTER the week at the top.
3. An asterisk indicates a bye week.
4. Futures odds were taken from sportsbook.ag.
|TEAM||BCS Rank||FUTURES||WEEK 10||WEEK 11||WEEK 12||WEEK 13||WEEK 14|