We’ve churned out 100s of college football articles in the last few months to help you prepare for the season, but many readers complain that they can’t find what they’re looking for.
This post should help alleviate that problem.
Below, you’ll find everything you need to know to get you caught up to speed. There’s plenty of articles about win totals, point spreads, futures odds, analysis, pundits projections, and so on.
Feel free to bookmark the page and refer to it often.
* * *
COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW
- We recently published our college football preview. It covers all BCS schools and a few other high-profile teams.
- We projected win totals for all 124 FBS teams in early June.
- 5Dimes sportsbook released win totals for all 124 FBS teams in July. However, many of them have since been juiced heavily, including these teams.
- The Greek was the first offshore to officially release win totals. They set over/unders for 43 teams. Here’s a look at how our win total projections stacked up against The Greek’s.
- We projected point spreads for all 798 college football games, including games involving low-level FBS teams, newcomers and FCS squads. You can view conference-specific spreads by clicking the following links:
- Golden Nugget Casino released its annual Games of the Year lines on June 11. There are point spreads for 111 games, most of which involve BCS schools.
- Thirty-five percent of the Golden Nugget’s lines were within one point of our projected spreads. Seventy-five percent were within a field goal.
- ESPN’s Colin Cowherd offered his take on 10 marquee games.
- Nugget oddsmakers made it clear that they think Alabama is better than LSU.
- We revisited the Nugget to get updated point spreads.
- 5Dimes sportsbook later released Games of the Year lines for 115 games, but almost all of the matchups are the same as the Nugget’s.
- LSU and USC are tabbed as the No. 1 consensus teams in a review of four preview magazines.
- Phil Steele predicts Florida State to win the 2013 BCS national championship.
- Ever wonder how Steele’s most improved teams fare against their season win totals? The answer is here.
- Comparing Lindy’s projections against college football futures odds.
- Our best value pick to win the national championship.
- Win total Best Bet … click here.
- Find out our ATS sleeper.
- Prediction Machine’s Paul Bessire provided his most likely national champion.
- If you’re interested, Bessire conducted a Q&A with us in mid-June.
- Win odds suggest that Oregon will have the most wins of all 124 FBS teams.
- Odds for every team can be found here.
- Using futures odds, here are our projected bowl matchups.
- Oddsmaker’s Take: How Las Vegas opinion stacks up against the AP Top 25 poll.
- 5 Bold Predictions for the 2012 college football season.
- The SEC is projected to be favored in 51 of 56 non conference games by an average of more than three TD’s.
- The ACC and Big East challenged themselves in non-con play; the Big 12 didn’t.
- What’s the purpose of projecting spreads for every game, anyway?
- Using line projections as a guide, here’s what conference standings might look like.
- What statistics are useful when handicapping college football and how can they be applied?
- How do you project college football point spreads? What is the process like?
- What about projecting win totals? Same general approach?
- Here are some of the biggest betting storylines entering the 2012 season.
- Are Week 1 totals inflated? They’re up 12 percent from just six years ago.
- Oregon home games have flown over the total at record pace.
- Nationally televised games go under the total 59 percent of the time.
- What are the odds of each team remaining unbeaten at a particular point in the season?
- Poor ATS teams generally bounce back after miserable seasons.
- Ready, set, regress! Since 2000, teams that post strong ATS seasons rarely repeat the feat.
- Returning starters: We count ‘em up each year, but does it even matter?
- Is Big East homefield advantage overstated?
- One way to identify potential college football value teams is to study the men in charge.
- Coach rankings: Meyer’s all-time ATS record has Ohio State bettors seeing green.
- College football coaches that perform best in rivalry games.
- Are college football bye weeks overrated? Why Virginia Tech, which plays five games against teams coming off byes, shouldn’t worry too much.
- ESPN released its national TV schedule. Here it is, along with point spreads.
- The Sports Boss provided an updated list of injuries, player transfers and suspensions for every team in the country.
- A comparison of odds to win each conferenceat various sportsbooks.
- Here’s updated odds to win each conference (and division):
- Who is the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy?
- Psssst. There’s some serious value on Kansas State QB Collin Klein.
- BCS national championship odds are constantly changing. However …
- Odds for a few dozen teams to make (or miss) BCS Bowl games.
- Oddsmakers suggest an SEC team has a 1-in-3 chance to win the BCS national championship.